Friday, December 28, 2007

Do you know the way to San Jose?

Meow!
I finally made it to San Jose, CA: Capital of Silicon Valley.  It was quite the adventure, from getting kicked out of first class in OK, to seeing all the arches in MO, to then be inspired by all the swimming pools in the coastal desert of Southern California... Finally I'm here!

TRAVEL KITTY BEDROLL TIP: Travel Kitty bedrolls are too small to be checked as baggage.  When my bedroll and I were placed on the carousel for a photo oportunity, Grand Paw only grabbed me and my little sleeping bag vanished into oblivion.  Grand Meowmy threw a fit and I thought poor grandpaw was going to have an aneurism, a hairball or both at the same time!  Luck was on my side, and the bedroll made it on a full trip around the luggage carousel.  

AT NORMAN Y. MINETA SAN JOSE INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT

IN GRANDMEOWMY'S KITCHEN BUSTING INTO TREATS

ADMIRING A TASTY CHOCOLATE SANTA

Cats love sparkly things, this is true.  Travel Kitties are no different.  I was taken to Plaza de Cesar Chavez in Fabulous and Chic Downtown San Jose to see the lights of "Christmas in the Park."  It was so exciting they could hardly keep me inside the car!  Different civic and charitable organizations sponsor different trees and displays.  There is lots of local flavor and variety.  The people of San Jose are quite proud of it. But what is up with all the fake snow and wintery stuff when it NEVER EVER snows here?  Hmmmm.  Well, it is all nice anyway.
ESCAPING FROM THE CAR TO EXPLORE THE LIGHTS
I almost made it!  A mad dash from the car-into a flying leap-then snatched away from my goal by Grand Meowmy.  She explained to me that the fence is there to keep Travel Kitties out.
FLYING LEAP 

Time to pack, I'm getting ready for my next adventure!  I'm going to go big places that no travel kitty has been before.   TKP!  Shout out to Lisa Dalton who sewed me!  Whoooo!

No comments: