Thursday, December 20, 2007

Cleophus McScoogle On The Road Part 1

OKLAHOMA CITY, OK
Howdy Everybody!  I'm quite comfortable here in Oklahoma.  I made a home behind the clock on the family's mantel.  I'm a Travel Kitty you know, that means that I'm prone to wanderlust.  As luck would have it, I was invited to go on a trip with an Air Force AWACS crew!  We left bright and early on Thursday morning.  Since it was freezing in Oklahoma I decided to hitch a ride inside one of the insulated bags. The flight was about six hours from Tinker Air Force Base in Oklahoma City to Forward Operating Location: Manta, Ecuador!  Wait til you see this jet.  It has a giant rotating mushroom on top.   They say it's the radar and call it a radome.   I just know that it is way cooler than a greyhound bus, but not as cool as luxury jets on those rap videos.  On MTV no one is puking and getting tossed around in their seats as the 4 point harness hold them in.  This is worse than a cat carrier....but it's cool.
HERE I AM ON SOME SQUADRON PATCHES!


It was my job to look out the little window to look for bad drug runners in boats in the Caribbean. Here, I'm admiring the Yucatan Peninsula. I hear they have these things called "fruity cocktails" down there.
I'm on my way and flying BETWEEN THE YUCUTAN PENINSULA AND CUBA


I'm a little guy, you know, and the trip was exhausting.   Two days later, it was time to hit the road again. Here I am waving politely to my kind hosts before departing. I think the AWACS is a great way to travel the world.  For free anyway...

Here I am in MANTA, ECUADOR


After several hours I got bored looking out my assigned "little window" and ventured up to the flight deck where I chilled with the pilots.  I was amazed at the view of Cuba.  I hear they have cigars, rum, and terrorist prisoners down there.  But there is no video, so no one knows for sure...
ON THE FLIGHT DECK


OH NO! The weather was too bad to land in Oklahoma! It was a huge ice storm.  Who wants to land in that?  Not us.  I got the be a crew dog on my first trip! I soon found out that when the crew diverts somewhere the most important things are food and beer.  The jet landed at Barksdale Air Force Base in Shreveport, LA. I asked but they wouldn't let me land the plane. Or maybe they did and I'm sworn to secrecy.  Cats never tell.   I'm getting some"mad skeelz" in this flying thing.  Here I am at the base hotel waiting for my bed roll to be delivered and my room to be prepared.  Apparently there was no travel kitty size litter box.  Well,  they know what cats do....so they hopped to it and accommodated.
The hotel at BARKSDALE AIR FORCE BASE, LA


No comments: