Saturday, December 22, 2007

On a 1-10 scale, this is WHACK!

Since Grapevine,TX is just north of Dallas, my folks got a room there. I do not even wish to discus the horror of the decor. The first Hilton looked like a den of 70's naughtyness. We fled. The second Hilton across the street? Well, it was swan-free and instead featured pictures of hunters shooting birds on the wall of our suite. What? Freaky.


Then, it got worse. Much worse. The joint was connected to a Bass Pro shop, which had nine dead, stuffed reindeer pulling Santa's sleigh. Each had a name attached to its' harness and Santa was there for pictures. I've never been so mad, Grrrreow! What sick mind is at work, hunting and killing Santa's reindeer? Aren't they magic? How will Santa get to houses??!!. Why does it take a travel kitty to point out the obvious? This is my mom, Denise, holding me back.


I tried to mess up their stuffed raccoon display, but they got me out of there. FAST. I am being told that these aren't the real SANTA reindeer. I'm still mad. I need coffee and I need to travel. I'm headed to California next. Silicon Valley, here I come.

No comments: